Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The summer of collecting stuff

So, we have a row of these secondhand shops called Humana. They have new merchandise days every month and I am in the habit of visiting them for...oh, over 9 years already. At first I was in high school still and skipped classes on those Monday mornings. Later on I arranged my things so I could still go. I think I have only missed about 5 times during these years, when I was abroad or something really important was happening in the same time.

They have really gotten their prices up during the last years, but I still manage to find something. I believe in second-hand shopping and I also just can not find interesting items in regular shops. And it would be too tiresome to visit all of them. So these Humana-trips are good ways to boost my wardrobe, actually all of my family's wardrobe. I try to look at every item and it's price in a way if it is okay for me to pay that amount for that certain item, I do not care that they are already used by someone. And I often find new or almost unused items too.

Sometimes there are many months in a row where I don't basically get anything, but this summer was a really good one, I got lots of items.

Guess now is the time to mention that I have got two daughters. So some of the items on these pictures are for them. They are not all black and goth like me, but I see no point in showing you the "regular" stuff they get.

So here is a dress, a shirt for the gym and a skirt for cycling. All black, I am boring that way.
I do not wear pants anywhere outside the gym, not even while cycling or during the coldest of winters. And as I am more of a mini or maxi girl, I need some reasonably long skirts for cycling to feel comfortable. I use my bicycle for transport, not for working out, so I like to stay chic on it.

And two pictures of stuff for my girls, lots of dresses, shirts and a skirt. All the items have different sizes, because I often buy a bit bigger items too - they grow up so fast, that when I see something pretty and reasonably priced, I cannot leave it in the store.
Oh, the black shirt on the second picture is for me, it has lace shoulders, really cute. It is rather cold at work, so I wear long-sleeved tops underneath my dresses. And shrugs and cardigans also.


The prices are different, I usually spend about 20-30 euros alltogether. In here the first two pictures are from one haul and the third from another.

I am definitely not a good photographer, but you get the idea. And I have lots and lots more to show you!




No comments:

Post a Comment