Saturday, April 6, 2013

Welcome to my world!

Hi! So, here I am. I think it's been more than 2 years since the day I first tought about creating a "goth blog". I do blog actively about my life and family, in my native language - or to be fair, not so actively anymore. But still, I consider myself a rather experienced blogger.
But a dark fashion blog... What took me so long? Why now?

At first, I did not have a camera. It seemed essential to me to have one. When I got it, other suspicions arised. English is not my native language, so is it good enough for blogging? Do I have enough ideas and enough shoppings to show? What are my goals? Do I have enough time? How to get readers for a new and small blog?
And every time I tought about starting another blog, all those suspicions came back. And I put my wishes to sleep.

So, at one point I started to not have so much time for my other regular blog. People started whining. And I do want to blog more, it's just...it's like I don't know how all of a sudden. So I quess it's not fair of me to get myself another blog instead of keeping in touch with the old one. But who knows, maybe I will start to love blogging again and all's well that ends well? A girl can dream.

Who am I? I am not a babybat, which would make this a lot easier and peole would let me off the hook more with this primitive blog. I have "been dark" for over 10 years. I have grown and developed a better sense of fashion, as we all do. It's been a wonderful journey. And I like to call myself goth, even tough sometimes I might dress boring - because I HATE mornings.

It's a rather small country where I live and a rather small community of alternative fashionistas. Altough thanks to the Internet, capitalism and postal service we have a lot more things and easier access to things than when I started, I am still not aware of any active goth blogs or sites in my native language or even from my country. I do have a Facebook group for dark fashion online flea marketing and it's rather popular. So, we have hope. And a one really wishful me.

I gave a lecture in a youth seminar last fall. It was about goth, history and styles and also goth in my home country. I got asked about five times if I have a dark fashion blog. Whoops.

So, why now? You know how sometimes the smallest of things can make you act? Well. Here I was, having a sleepy morning, reading blog posts from my reader and suddenly:

"Start a blog."

http://www.theeverydaygoth.com/2013/04/5-things-i-wish-id-known-as-babybat.html

Not a babybat, still, but hey, I just started a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment