Monday, April 8, 2013

I think I shop too much

All right, all right. I know I shop too much.

To my excuse, 90% of my shoppings are second hand. Truly. I just rarely find something from regular shops around here and after a while, I kinda stopped looking, it just became too boring. So I stick to many different thrift stores, second hand boutiques and ofcourse online shopping. I buy alot from eBay UK and local FB groups and auction sites. I like the idea of buying second hand, I like the friendlier prices and a much more interesting selection than we got at the shops at the time.

Especially now, I think, because the new spring/summer collection peeping out of every window in the mall seems rather horrible to me. Too colorful and too many weird shapes. I still remember 2008 when everything was black, studded and leather...

Anyway, I buy a lot, but I sell a lot. I am very pretentious when it comes to my clothes and accessories. So buying online means a fair chance that the item does not fit. So I sell them. As clothes cost a lot here and altough it has became really popular to order from all those cheap UK sites like Everythingfor5pounds, justfor5pounds etc, it's mostly really easy to sell stuff, especially brands we don't have. I also have a dark or alternative fashion selling group in my native language, what makes the selling easier.

Around the ending of last year I felt really uncomfortable with myself, so I sold and gave away quite a lot of my clothes. So i guess I am trying to make up for it now.

Yesterday I had lots of free time to spare hanging around the city so I visited some second hand shops. I got a longsleeved top and a black hooded shrug. I am a sucker for shrugs! They only cost 2,,50 euros, as it was sale day.
And I also received two cardigans which I ordered from Miss Rebel. They are really basic but I needed something like that for work and hopefully they will last forever.



4 comments:

  1. I like the cardigans - and I'm a vintage fan too, to buy and sell clothes that already had a life - I like that thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the first cardigan ^^ I like buying vintage clothes as well, but I hardly ever get the chance to do so, because there aren't a lot of vintage shops in my area. I'd have to travel a lot to get to them, so I usually only visit them when I'm in the vicinity anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the first cardigan is adorable, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete