Friday, May 9, 2014

Gothette went shopping in UK

As I mentioned a long-long time ago, I had a practical course study in UK. As an eager shopper and also originating from a hillbilly-land, I was SO exited to maybe have some free time for shopping.
I stayed near Manchester in a small town called Burnley. I did some shopping there but most in Manchester.
I only spent a night in London and went to Camden to party and do a pub crawl, but I so-so want to go back to shop in Camden. I do believe I would have so much more interesting stuff to show you guys then.

But I still got to do some shopping. And I must say right from the beginning, I was a little disappointed - but at the same time got a lot more stuff than usually from pretty much anywhere. My biggest goal was to find some make-up or at least beauty products. I mostly use organic products and I was so sure that a big consumer-y country like UK would be filled with those. That was the aspect I was disappointed in. I basically found nothing! They had huuuge drugstores, but none of them had any organic cosmetics and a very few, if any, organic beauty products. I finally found an organic shop, but they had almost no make-up, only they same brands as we have and and only some new and interesting beauty products. So I did not get so much stuff as I would have liked. But hey, better something than nothing, right.
And as I am going back to Camden some day, I will research for good organic shops in London also. Oh, dreams!



So, from the One-Pound-Shop I got a pair of Timotei Organics shampoo and conditioner. I have not seen them before and even though I have only used salon products for the past couple of years, I bought them and thought I should try. At least there was something with organic written on them!
But I have not used them yet, so no useful review. And I do think that it is almost impossible to suggest hair washing products to somebody, because hair react so differently. 

The next three things are from the organic shop. Nelson's  Pure and Clear Balancing Moisturizer and Nelson's Pure and Clear Purifying Cleansing Wash. I rather like them. I am not very persistent when it comes to moisturizing, cleansing or something like that because I have a rather good skin so I always forget to take care of it and my products age, so I have to throw them away. But now I am trying to be good and use them. I also got a lip balm - Dr.Organic Aloe Vera Lip Balm, because I ran out of mine in UK. It's good but I feel like I have to apply it too much and too ofter for it to have an effect.
Then two hair care products from a drugstore, I forgot my heat defense, so I got a new one in mini size and also a hairspray . TreSemme is the brand and I like them very much, they are not organic but have pretty good ingredients comparing to other brands. The heat defence spray is really really good, I did not even realize how bad mine was before that. Definitely have to find a better one if that one runs out.
Last is a pair of fake lashes from Primark. I got them because I was bored waiting in line. Nicely done, Primark.


I mostly got a bunch of basics for my girls as they are times and times cheaper than here. But they were all boring, so I am not going to show them. But I did manage to find some stuff for myself too. From Primark I got two pairs of pantyhose, a bra, a London-themed cosmetics bag (it's so not me, but I liked the pattern and decided to get it anyway) and also two tops. At first I was a little bummed that I got those tops after realizing how much many I spent, though they were really cheap, but now I am really happy because I use them a lot. They have ruffles and they are really cute under dresses with too big cleavage, they give out a hint of modern Victorian.


What made me definitely the happiest, was finding a LaSenza lingerie shop! I used to only shop in there but they closed up our shops a few years back and I still cry for them as it is really difficult for me to find good quality and pretty lingerie elsewhere. I actually wanted to buy two pairs but my card didn't go through and I did not have more cash. But at least I got one pair, so happy! I really love LaSenza.



And the last thing I got was a suitcase! Because I got so much stuff that I need another one. AWKWARD! Actually I went to UK with only a handbag as my hand luggage, so luckily I did not have to pay extra, just had this as my hand luggage.


No comments:

Post a Comment