Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How do you smell?

Compared to most women, I am so not into perfumes. I have only two perfumes at home and I don't even use one every day. I am definitely not up do date in the perfume world. I have had the same so-called signature perfume for over 6 years.

When I was young, of course we bought all those cheap supermarket perfumes for teenagers. They were almost always really bad. Then I had just different gifts, but I did not really keep in mind to use them. I usually gave the perfumes away after some time, no point in wasting them, right. I also won a couple from girly magazines, even a Burberry one. I used some of it and then gave it away, like always.


I think that Valentino's Rock'n Rose is the first "nice" perfume I longed for. At least I don't remember any others.
I saw the picture of it in a magazine and fell ab-so-lu-tely in love with the bottle. I almost did not care what the scent was!

I went to a fancy shop to smell it and loved it even more. It was so me! I was also lucky to score some small testers from the shop what lasted me quite some time.

Of course, the real perfume was way out of my price range. But I still longed for it. Until, more than 6 years ago, I got a surprise package for Christmas from my friend. It had all sorts of really really pretty things in it, but the prettiest was a bottle of Rock'n Rose! Oh, I was so happy I was in tears!

I used it every day. I loved it. I still do! When the first bottle was finally empty, I was in a better place with my life and could afford to get a new one. I got a big bottle! Fortunately by that time it was not so trendy anymore, so I got it for a pretty good price. I still have more than half left, so I guess it will last me another 5 years.

The second perfume I have was a gift from my thenboyfriend-nowhusband. I love it too, it's very different, much more mature and elegant. It's Paco Rabanne Black XS. It still has some life left, but soon it will be empty.

I don't really care for perfumes as they are really toxic. But at the same time I do use them as they are in my make up cupboard and I do have periods in my life when I love using a perfume.

I think that by the time I need I new one, I have changed a little and gotten older, so I will not get another bottle of Rock'n Rose. I still love the smell, but I feel like it's starting to be a little too girly for me. Although everybody says it's so me and they have gotten used to me smelling like this all the time.
Yet Black XS - I am not woman enough for that yet. Haa. So I need something in between. And hopefully a little less toxic than usual perfumes.

Do you have perfumes you consider your signature ones?

1 comment:

  1. I had this time in my life when I was really into wearing perfumes, but currently not so much though :3 The bottle of that Rock 'n Rose perfume looks absolutely gorgeous by the way, I can definitely see how the packaging alone would make you want to buy it ^^

    ReplyDelete